Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Ah, Mother's Day. The day of or burned toast, cold coffee and an egg or two -all served at 5 in the morning. Really, there is nothing better than sharing Mother's Day with little kids. Sure, it might be a "Hallmark holiday" to some - an excuse to line retailers' pockets with more of our hard-earned money. But, I love this day. And you can keep your flowers and gift certificates to the day spa. All I want are those awful little handmade gifts that only a mother could love. This year, it was a flower pot with painted fingerprints that were made into bugs. There was a card too. Sabrina loves me because I "wear earrings to work." Last year, Caty said she loved me because I make her chicken piccata. I love my kids. They make me laugh and cry all at the same time. I really dig those gifts. They mean more than anything to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment