Thursday, May 7, 2009

Me first

Who comes first in your house? If you're a mom, it's not you. You're probably dead last. And when I say last, you come after the dog, the laundry, the television. I got a reminder today from BFFMG that I need to do some things for myself. She made these awesome cupcake lollipop things and gave them to me, BFFMP and BFFAM today along with a sweet note telling us to have a nice Mother's Day. I really thought she gave me three because she wanted me to share them with the girls, but that was not the case. She made me swear that I would eat all three by myself. Uh, dude, it's chocolate - yeah, I can eat them all by myself. But, it was still a nice reminder that it's okay to think of yourself every once in a while. As moms, we don't do that very often. So, now that Mother's Day is close, make sure you do just that - put yourself first. Okay, maybe not first, but at least ahead of the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment